Monday, January 16, 2012

I've always wanted to try rock climbing, and finally on my birthday a few years ago, my brother took me to this indoor climbing gym near our house. We got harnesses and shoes , and I clipped myself to the rope that was hanging from the ceiling. The other end was attached to my brother, who had done this before, so I felt safe. I looked up at the wall in front of me and just started going for it. About three quarters of the way up, I looked over my shoulder to see my brother down below, and I freaked a little. I gripped the little hand holds tightly and said as calmly as possible, "I think I'm ready to come down now." He tried to encourage me to go a little higher but I said, "Nah, how do I get down?" For some reason I thought I'd have to jump and free-fall, but he showed me how to repel and that part was really fun. It didn't take long to feel more comfortable and confident climbing higher and on my second time up. I had a lot of fun and hoped to come back to try the larger wall

No comments:

Post a Comment