Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lego House (By Ed Sheeran)

And it's dark in a cold December
but I've got you to keep me warm
If you're broken I will mend ya
and keep you sheltered from the storm
that's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done
I will love you better now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfePE5PIv8

'Lego House' is a song by singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. It was released this year on the 11th of November, as his third single lifted from his debut studio album '+'.

What grabbed my attention the first time I heard the song was the exquisite melody that ran throughout it entirely from the beginning until the very end. But what I failed to recognize at first was the intense significance buried deep in its lyrics. To me, it definitely encompasses a rare streak of authenticity that effortlessly draws you in and just makes you repeatedly want to listen to it again and again.

The main theme of the song describes the difficulties some people may go through in their lives while trying to obtain or grasp hold of something they want so desperately, but eventually they are unsuccessful since they don’t get what they desire and they end up losing themselves in it all.

In the end the message is about accepting yourself and your own life: "And out of all these things I've done, I will love you better now". You can build a Lego house but it is neither permanent nor stable enough to last you forever. It is never the answer and certainly not what you need. Eventually the consequences may make you sombre or distressed, but at the same time they cause you to be more fulfilled, because you are more at peace with the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment