Saturday, December 31, 2011

IRIS

IRIS
'And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now'
'These are only a few of the lines from one of the best love songs (or any genre for that matter) ever written. Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls has true feelings in every line, and with that there is not a single moment that goes by where the feeling of love isn’t overwhelming (in a good way) and powerful.
'And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight'
These mighty lyrics were written for the movie 'just like heaven' where an angle falls inlove with the women he's supposed to be protecting.
These lyrics not only fit the movie but they also fit any love story, because no matter how strong your feelings are towards your partner/lover/spouse 'sooner or later its over' be it a break up or a tragic death. The love is simply lost.
'And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am'
The very well put chorus, can easy move any heart, to a point where, you'd wish you can find love this compelling, beautiful and pure. 'When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am.' To think that no matter what, you’re the only person in someones eyes, you’re the only thing that matters to that person, you’re the only one that’s important and would do anything to protect you and your imagine is a feeling so supreme that the human mind and heart can only imagine. I for one would love for this to happen, for soul mates to unite as one.
'And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.'
This paragraph is my favorite part of the song. To think that your so madly in love with someone it feels like the movies, is simply magical. Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive. WOW!
Does love like this really exist? Have you ever met a couple and there love story is THAT beautiful and well said?? Because honestly, no matter how hard I try to imagine love like that seems like just a fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment